Sunday, April 13, 2014

Fill A Basket--Bucket Filling for Easter!

This is our first year into Bucket Filling in my classroom and school.  I like to mix things up a little, to keep things interesting with the kids all year.  We've been busy completing our missions from my Bucket Filling Friendship Club packet.  It has been a great way to get discussions going during our class meeting times as well.

This month I created a little "basket filling" activity.  It's just like my "fill a stocking" packet from Christmas time.  This month we are filling baskets.


Well, I should stop there.  We aren't filling baskets.  I recently received a lot of fun goodies from Creative Teaching Press.  Among them are buckets!  I laminated them and wrote the kiddos names on each.  I then cut paper bags down a little bit, to be "bucket" size and and taped the buckets to the front.  Next year, these will be up all year.  The writing paper will be what changes.

{Bulletin board, using Creative Teaching Press Chevron cut out letters, buckets and fun and festive border!  It also includes our "anchor" chart that we created from my packet at the beginning of the year, as well as our posters about each "sentence starter"}


{Simple bucket bags.  Just laminate the bucket from Creative Teaching Press, write the students' names and tape to a bag!}

 
{Our bags are taped to the wall below our bulletin board and chalkboard} 
 

Check out the great "basket fillers" that we have in our class!  (We use sentence starters with our class meetings to compliment our friends.  Those starters are what is included in my packet.)








If you'd like to give it a try, click {HERE} to grab yourself a copy of the writing page and a basket!  (Baskets can be colored and attached to paper bags as well).  If you'd like the buckets, click {HERE} to find them at Creative Teaching Press!


2 comments :

  1. AWESOME...am trying this on Thursday-thank you!!!!!!! Love how you made the egg-Powerpoint? Smiles and stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the letters that say bucket filler on your bulletin board?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...